Australia’s leading creative writing journal, TEXT, is calling for expressions of interest to guest edit an upcoming Special Issue for publication in December 2022.
Special Issues of TEXT have long provided leading research for the creative writing discipline in Australia and internationally. We welcome issues that engage with timely or relevant themes, examine previously unaddressed themes or topics, develop new experimental methodological approaches, share or exchange inter/national perspectives, or encourage new lines of creative practice research.
Each Special Issue comprises 8–10 articles of 6000–8000 words, including the Guest Editors’ Introduction. Guest Editors will circulate a call for papers, manage the double-blind peer review process, select papers for publication, and ensure papers are rigorously revised and edited in line with TEXT policies and house style. The completed issue is due no later than November 1st, 2022 for a December publication date.
TEXT publishes both research-led creative works and scholarly articles. We invite expressions of interest from emerging and established academics, both in Australia and overseas.
EOI submissions should include the following information:
- Proposed title of your special issue
- Proposed Call for Papers (no more than one page)
- Where you will advertise and circulate this Call for Papers
- Where you will draw your peer reviewers from (nationally and internationally)
- A clear outline of the relationship of this special issue to TEXT‘s brief and audience, and particularly its relationship to current scholarship on creative writing
- The approximate predicted size of the issue
- A list of your editorial team, including brief CVs outlining editorial experience (1-3 guest editors per Special Issue is usual)
- The main contact person for the team and their email details
- A proposed timeline for the processes involved, including circulating a call for papers, the double-blind peer review process, revision, copyediting, and proofreading.
The deadline for submitting Expressions of Interest is Monday, February 28th 2022. Successful applicants will be notified within two weeks.
For questions or to submit an EOI, please contact the Special Issues Editors Associate Professor Sue Joseph, Dr Emma Doolan, and Dr Kate Cantrell at firstname.lastname@example.org