- Full-Time, Continuing position
- Based at La Trobe University’s Melbourne, Bundoora campus
- Teaching & Research opportunity
About the position
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences is a dynamic community of scholars who research and teach about the human experience, from its earliest beginnings to the latest developments in society, politics and culture.
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Creative Writing, with a strong creative publication record, demonstrated potential for traditional research outputs, a demonstrated ability to teach creative writing to a high standard, supervision or mentoring experience, and a commitment to community and industry engagement.
The primary purpose of the position is to contribute to teaching and research in the English and Creative Writing Programs, ensuring alignment with La Trobe University’s strategic plans, while complementing existing strengths.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A PhD in creative writing or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline area.
- A substantial creative writing publication record in one or more literary genres.
- Demonstrated potential for traditional research publication with quality journals and presses.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, develop, and teach creative writing undergraduate units (including fiction and creative nonfiction).
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, honours and postgraduate students.
- High-level analytical, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding.
- Demonstrated commitment to building community, professional, and industry relationships at local and national level.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Thursday, 10th August 2023.
Position Enquiries: Tonya Stebbins, Head of Department, Dept of Language and Cultures
Recruitment Enquiries: Bianca Trajanov, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position Description below:
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
We’d love to stay connected! If you would like to find out more about this School, please follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/89174495
Full job ad: On the La Trobe jobs website