The English Association, University English (the body for HE Departments of English) and the National Association of Writers in Education (NAWE), with support from the Institute of English Studies, are organising a huge conference for the whole of the discipline of English in Newcastle in 2017. Scholars are invited to form panels and submit an abstract before Friday 7 October. These panels could discuss:
- emerging, new or challenging research horizons within the subject;
- shared, inter-/cross-/extra-disciplinary research futures for English studies;
- productive intersections between teaching and research;
- the impact of technology on English studies;
- the challenges of funding, government, or institutional agendas to the shape and scope of English in Higher Education.
among other topics. For a full call for papers and how to submit, see the website