THE 19TH AAWP CONFERENCE: ‘MINDING THE GAP’
Conference venue: Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand
Dates: 30 November – 2 December, 2014.
To register, please fill in the online form at http://bit.ly/rego2014
Online registration has now been extended to 27 November.
Registration cost: Full registration (3 days): $310 | Indepentent/Student (3 days): $90 | Delegate Day Attendance: $90 | Non-Delegate Day Attendance: $35.
NOTE: In order for delegates to present they must be members of the AAWP at the time of the conference. AAWP Membership fees for 1 year are $60.00 (full membership) or $30.00 (concession) and are additional to the registration for this conference. Please click here to renew your membership.
Information about Wellington, New Zealand
Arriving by car
Enter the campus via entrance E on Tasman Street and park in the car park. Te Ara Hihiko (Block 12) is adjacent to the right hand corner of the car park.
Arriving on foot/bike
From Tasman Street:
Enter via entrance E or the exit road by T23. Te Ara Hihiko (Block 12) is adjacent to the right hand corner of the car park. There are bike racks in the left hand corner of the car park.
From Wallace Street:
Enter via the Wellington High School entrance, or Massey entrance C. Te Ara Hihiko (Block 12) is behind Block 1 (the School of Music). There are bike racks by the entrance to block 1 on the block 2 side.
Arriving by bus
There is a bus stop on Wallace Street near Wellington High School/Massey entrance C. Buses stopping here include: 10: Wellington–Newtown 11: Wellington–Seatoun 18: Karori – Miramar 21: Karori–Wellington–Vogeltown
1) Conference participants can receive discounted rates at the following CQ and Quality Inn Hotels:
- Comfort Hotel Wellington (Twin or Double) (Qualmark 3.5 Star) $115.00
- Quality Hotel Wellington (Twin Queen) (Qualmark 4.5 Star) $184.00
- Quality Hotel Wellington (Deluxe) $224.00
- Executive Apartment (2 Bedroom) $284.00
With a booking at any of the above hotels, delegates can enjoy a special breakfast rate of $17.00 per person for our full hot and cold buffet (normally $27.00 per person).
For information, visit http://www.hotelwellington.co.nz/
Bookings: Email firstname.lastname@example.org / phone +64 4 385 2153. Quote: Australasian Association of Writing Programmes
2) Accommodation is also available to conference participants through Victoria University’s premium student hostel, Te Puni Village (http://www.tepunivillage.co.nz/conference/1/conference-1.aspx
Download rates here.
To book, please download and complete this form then email to email@example.com
Te Puni Village options:
> Standard Single Room from $63/night
– Each room consists of a single bed, study desk and chair, wall panel heater and clothing cupboard storage. Guests staying in the standard single room share bathroom & toilet located on each floor.
> Studio room from $90/night
– This en-suite room is fully furnished including a double bed, and consists of a mini kitchenette
> Apartment Room (3 bedrooms) $189/night
– Each room is fully furnished including a double bed
– In each apartment unit, there are a bathroom & toilet, a kitchen and a lounge